lunes, 28 de julio de 2014

I am Gay, I am not a Girl!

Even though it's a new century and it's supposed to be full of new ideas and more acceptance, we're still hearing stupid questions like: -Do you like to dress like a girl? or - Do you wanna be a girl?, am I correct? (I know I am).

I am also 100% sure you've been all asked that question more than once and you answered (Annoyed, of course) that you were a man and you're happy being a man.


Come on people, get it already! Us gay guys are that exactly, GAY GUYS, we are content with what we are!

There are a lot of people in the world and of course there are some gay guys who'd love to be girls but that does not mean that we all want that.
 
Believe it or not there are a lot of types or categories to "clasify" a gay guy, but that is something I'm going to talk about in another entry, for now lets just focus on the fact that homosexual guys are not all interested in becoming women, in fact, there are a bunch of us who would never be attracted to a the idea of being a woman. Therefore, how come would we like to become one?
 
I guess it is still hard to understand for some people, but I'm sure it will come a day when we will all understand each other.

I, myself am a gay guy that is attracted to MAN,
I have never been attracted to a feminine kind of guy. Even though I respect all sexual ideas, of course, my ideal lover or my type of guy would be a masculine and non-feminine one. But, lets be honest, we are all feminine one way or another!

Speaking of the femenine part of a gay guy, I know you can all tell the difference between a masculine or "straight-acting" one and a femenine one.

It's also funny when you create expectations about a guy, you want him to be all masculine and it turns out to be the other way around and it's very funny when that happens.
Imagine a bearded, muscled stud who you would never think was even gay but for some reason you end up kissing and making out with and suddenly you see how femenine he is! I find that kind of funny and cute at the same time.

If you ask me what kind of gay I am I'd tell you I'm a straight acting one but, I could come out as femenine too! That's why I don't like those "classifications", WE ARE GAY AND THAT'S IT. Lol.



We gay men wound ourselves when we learn to think of masculinity as something that resides outside of our own selves when we see other men as masculine, but not our selves. This is more likely to happen when our view of masculinity has become too narrow and too focused on physical parts (the size of this or the amount of that). A broader sense of what it means to be a man can allow us to cultivate other masculine qualities in ourselves: the ability to take action, for instance, to master tasks that are important to us (regardless of whether that task is changing a tire or cooking), to pay at least as much attention to developing our inner strength as to inflating our pecs.

Men are sometimes advised to get in touch with their “inner feminine.” Maybe gay men need to get in touch with their “inner masculine” instead. Identifying those aspects of being a man we most value and then cultivate those parts of our selves can lead to a healthier and less distorted sense of our own masculinity.

M.S., L.P.C.John R. Ballew


So, next time you ask a gay guy if he wants to be a girl, don't you be surprised if he's annoyed by your question. Just so you don't forget, WE GAYS DO NOT WANT TO BE GIRLS, well, not all of us.


Julián Fúnez

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario